Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Vacation Packing: The Carry On

I am beyond excited that in about TWO weeks I am hopping on a plane and going on vacation. This will be my first vacation in FIVE years! FIVE!!! Eric and I will be traveling to Fort Lauderdale and I have been thinking and planning and scheming what to bring ever since he mentioned it to me back in December! Over the next two weeks I will be blogging about packing for your vacation- the carry on, luggage and the clothes. I am thrilled to share this with you all!



I think one of the hardest things for me to pack is my carry on. There is always so much I want to stuff into my bag but I always worry that the airline will say its too big!  I worry that I won't like the book I picked or the music I have won't keep my attention. 

Our flight down to Florida is about two hours and we are lucky to be flying at night. I am hoping to sleep some of this flight but just in case I don't I am packing the following :




Yes Please by Amy Poehler /// I figure if I am going on vacation, I need a fun book to read and I have heard this is amazing book. I love how honest and funny Amy Poehler is and I cannot wait to read this.

Adult Coloring Book /// I received this for Christmas along with a box of brand new crayons and I haven't use this yet. I thought the flights might be a perfect time to use this especially since I am a bit nervous to fly.

Notebook   /// I am always thinking of something and I usually always carry some sort of notebook with me. I usually have an assortment of pens and pencils somewhere in my bag too.  This is great for jotting down things you need to remember and also to play some games- Dots or Hangman anyone?

I figure Eric and I will probably watch some of a movie and or I will want to listen to some music, Headphones  seem like an obvious thing to pack. 

Blanket /// Everyone knows that the blankets on the airplanes are yucky (to say the least) why not bring something from home to warm you up.  (Especially since we are flying at night!)

Snacks /// I didn't pick a specific snack to list but I figure you have to have something you absolutely love to munch on during the flight. I rather save the $10 that I would spend on the tiniest bag of pretzels and bring an assortment of my own. 

Other things worthy of mention:

Bonine or other motion sickness medicine /// if you are like me and you're prone to motion sickness, take this before you take off to avoid any unpleasant moments in the sky.

Hairbrush, toothbrush and some makeup/// being on a plane for a few hours can really cause some havoc to your hair and skin and hair. I always feel better when my hair is brushed and my makeup is fixed. Don't forget eye drops if you have dry eyes too!


Penelope /// Penelope the flamingo will be joining me on this adventure. She is super excited and cannot wait to fly. She has been by my side the last two years when I have been sick, I guess this is a great way to thank her, for always being by my side!

Did I forget anything that you consider an essential item for my carry on?


No comments:

Post a Comment