Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Giving up (for Lent)

Eric and I have a challenge between each other- this year for Lent we are each giving something up to improve our lifestyles.

Lent is the forty days before Easter when we fast from something in our lives to prepare for Easter. As a kid, I always remember hating Lent because I didn't want to give up anything. I used to give up things I couldn't have- peanut butter, coffee etc. I thought that was the perfect way around Lent. As  I have gotten older, I've didn't give up things but decided to dedicate my time to doing good for someone else.

This year Eric and I are giving up things that will not only be better for our lifestyle but for our health. I am giving up candy and cookies for Lent. Eric is giving up fast food and take out. Eric and I both live pretty active lives and we both exercise regularly. I think this will be the perfect little challenge for us to do and keep each other accountable. I know this will be hard for me because my will power for sweets is very low. I hope to replace what I am giving up with healthy options.

I am very curious to see how we do and who wins this!

Are you giving up anything tomorrow for Lent?


No comments:

Post a Comment