Friday, January 15, 2016

Words of Wisdom from a 28 year old


28 years ago, I made my first appearance and my parents can attest to this, I have made such a BIG impact on their life. My wonder, joy and happiness started when I was just a little girl and it has carried throughout my whole life. I have so much to be thankful and grateful for and I couldn't be happier how my life is turning out. In honor of my 28th Birthday, I am listing the 28 things I have learned- silly, real life lesson- these are things I think and follow each day.

1. Believe you can accomplish anything you put your mind to
2. Be creative and be fearless
3. Do not follow someone else's path
4. If you want a cupcake for breakfast, eat the darn cupcake
5. Write your goals down
5.5 Talk about your goals often
6. Work hard in silence
7. When making right hand turns, make sure you go around the curb, not over the curb
8. If you have the chance to meet Mickey Mouse (or any childhood favorite), go for it.
9. Paint when you need to figure something out.
10. Yoga is good for your mental and physical being
11. Color makes your life more interesting
12. Photograph anything that makes you stop and think
13.Stuffed friends are acceptable at any age
14.Print our your favorite photos, keep them in an album near your bed, look at them often.
15. Spending a day in your pajamas, & eating junk food is totally okay
16. Board games and ordering dinner in is a great relaxed date night
17. Don't believe the scale- believe in how you actually feel.
18. Display things that make you proud.
19. Write down gratitude daily
20. Call your parents, always
21. Family dinners are the best
22. Listen to your body- You know it best
23. Surround yourself with people you love and make you better
24. Over pack, Over Dress and Over indulge
25.Explore new places
26. Have a sense of whimsy and curiosity always
27. Treat everyone you meet, as you expect to be treated
28. Never stop learning

I hope you take some of this advice/wisdom and use it in your life! I am excited to see what new adventures await me this year.

What is the best piece of advice someone has given you?


Ps. Here is a favorite throwback photo from my 3rd birthday party:


It was a mickey themed party!


No comments:

Post a Comment