Monday, January 18, 2016

Good Vibes, Downward Dog and Namaste



For one of my Christmas gifts, Eric got me tickets to practice yoga with Yoga_Girl Rachel Brathen in January.  Eric knows that I practice yoga regularly and Eric has practiced yoga in the past but he is in search of a new Yogi.  I was so excited and Eric was a mix of excited and nervous. The event started at 430 but the doors were opening at 330. We got there early and to our surprise there was a line already forming. We knew from Yoga_girl's Instagram that her shows bring A LOT of people come this but we had no idea how many people were going to show up.


Eric and I waiting to get into the arena.
Once we were let into the arena, Eric got super excited and I was in shock how many people were already in there setting their mats up. I knew Rachel Brathen has a huge following but I didn't expect so many people from New Jersey. We set up our mats towards the front and we settled in and watched as the arena filled up. The energy in the area was unreal. I haven't felt that energy and to be in an arena. Penelope joined us for yoga. She liked all the colorful yoga mats.

Penelope is already to do yoga.
 This was Rachel's second show of the day and she said there were over 1,000 people that practiced with her! She started the class off with an intention from her Angel cards. The card she picked was Self Care. She read the explanation really resonated with me.  She talked about how we need to take care of ourselves and how we sometimes forget about us. This was a perfect intention for this class- I am taking care of myself by taking time out of the day and practice yoga. 

Getting ready for Rachel.
We were so excited to practice yoga
The whole room before it started.
 The whole practice was an hour and fifteen minutes. That hour and fifteen minutes flew by in a blink of an eye! Her music she used was modern and uplifting and the pose transitions were great. One of my favorite poses, flipped dog, was included and so was Warrior 3! It was absolutely amazing practicing yoga with 499 of your closest yogis. This was one of my most emotional practices as well. Rachel spoke with such passion and intent, it really hit home for me. I loved every moment of this class and I didn't want it to end.

Penelope listening intently to Rachel.
Question and Answer session with Rachel.
 After the practice she invited everyone to stay for a question and answer part of the show. The questions varied from "How is your goat?" to "What is your favorite pose?" to "Thanks for being an inspiration, How do you do it all?" Rachel really made a huge impact in a lot of people's lives and it was so nice to be able to practice with her and her team.

Eric and I both agreed that we would take another class with her. This has made me want to practice yoga even more and this has sparked Eric to find a new yoga studio to start to practice more regularly.

Later that night, Rachel posted on her instagram this :


Thank you Rachael Brathen for an amazing yoga practice! I hope you come back to New Jersey real soon!

Do you practice yoga? What is your favorite pose?

1 comment: