Sunday, August 2, 2015

Hi August

From bowtiesandbankers.tumblr.com

August is officially here and I cannot figure out if I am excited about it or frustrated about it. On one hand I am excited about it because it means FALL is closer and I will be able to wear cute boots and sweaters. I am frustrated about it because I felt like I did NOTHING this summer. There were so many things I wanted to do/see/accomplish but it looks like I did nothing. Which in a way is nice but I really want to see the Minions Movie- ((I know, Im five but it looks really cute)) Many next weekend I will be able to do that.

As I look at my August calendar for both my work life and personal life, it looks a bit crazy. I want to start to preparing for Adopting Day in November. I know its 3 months away but those three months will fly by and I need to be super organized! My personal life is filled with doctors appointments, yoga classes and personal training. I often look forward to my yoga class and personal training because I know I am getting stronger, mentally and physically.

I made my goal list for August. After looking it over, my goals are more abstract this month rather than specific.

August Goals:
  1.  Keep calm and level headed
  2. Real and truthfully blogging
  3. Educate myself more on my gastro issues
  4. Time for me (paint more)
  5. Take at least 1 photo a day
I have been blogging on and off for the past four years. The only time I really stuck with blogging was back in 2011 with my other blog, Just Simply Elle . It was basically just daily ramblings with no real sense of direction. I think it showed my true personality and I didn't really care about readers or anything. I did it for me. I am happy that I was able to capture these ramblings and I sorta wish I kept up on it more definitively.  My point with this babble is I want to get back to what I had back in 2011. My goal specifically #2 is to do just that. Not really care about who reads this, just to keep myself sane.
Pinapples painted by me 2014

Another goal I really want to do is #4 paint more. I absolutely love to paint. Am I the next Picasso, Rembrandt or Warhol, HECK NO, but do I enjoy it and love what I do, HECK YES! It basically works as a stress reliever for me and sometimes what I paint is really pretty, sometimes its not. I don't care- I just want to put paint on a canvas and hope for the best.

From acrohnieslife.tumblr.com
My Gastro issues have been a sore spot in my life for the past 3 years. Last year, I wrote down that I finally wanted to figure out what was going on and boy I think I made a mistake with that one. It has been a roller coaster ride trying to figure out what is going on inside of me. My most recent hospital stay (I promise a post just about that soon!!) made me realize whatever is really going on inside of me is bad. I've had doctors tell me that I have something and then other doctors tell me I do not. It is scary when you have conflicting opinions from medical professionals. All I want to do is lead as normal of a life as I can. Easier said than done I believe.

Well, Here is hoping that August is better than July; questions are answered and my life can remain somewhat normal. 

xx Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment