Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Doctor's Appointment and Atlanta Bread Review

Happy Wednesday. My day started out very early for a doctor's consultation 2 hours away. I was a bundle of nerves for the whole car ride there. My anxiety has been crazy with my current hospitalization and not knowing what is happening. We ended up getting a little lost and we were trying to find someone to ask and then all of the sudden, I saw a man in a white lab coat and screamed "DOCCCCCTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR!!!" We jammed on the brakes and rolled down the window. He was sorta helpful that he got us to the vicinity of the building we needed. The butterflies in my stomach were working extra hard today. Once we got upstairs and to the right office, the whole office staff was wonderful. From the receptionist to the nurses to the doctors, they were professional, courteous and very helpful. They looked at me like a person not just symptoms. The doctor gave me a lot of insight and also a diagnosis which I have been waiting for FIVE years. Its nice to finally know what is going on but at the same time its really scary. I said to my mom last year that I really want to find out what is wrong with me and I am very glad I did. Now I am on an adventure to try to stay healthy and symptom free.

On the way home at 2pm I was starving. We were in the doctors for almost 2 hours which was 1. very rare to be with a doctor for SO LONG and 2. very nice to be able to speak openly and not be told, ' oh thats not important' or ' that is not relevant to this'.
I suggested we stop at Atlanta Bread, which is one of my favorite sandwich shops.
 If I don't feel like going to a restaurant and fast food is too quick for me, Atlanta Bread is the perfect solution. There are two locations close to me and I love both of them equally. Atlanta Bread has a nice relaxed atmosphere to it. Its a cross between a coffee shop and a library sitting area with really great food.
The food choices are a great variety that include sandwiches, soups, paninis, salads and baked goods. They incorporate old classics with new and exciting dishes. All of the choices look delicious and I always want to try something new, but i always fall back on my old favorite- Bella Chicken.

Yes, it tastes just as good as it looks. The little container in front of the sandwich is basil pesto sauce ((so yummy!!)) I substitute the focaccia bread for a french baguette. I could easily eat five of these in one sitting. They are THAT  good . I have to give credit to my parents, because they are the ones that started eating this sandwich and I just jumped on the bandwagon with it.
Since my parents were with me, ordering was super simple- 3 Bella Chickens, one with the french baguette. 
This ended our crazy day perfectly.

Today was an emotional roller coaster and I was very happy that my parents are there to offer their support and a shoulder to cry on. This is a sorta scary time in my life and I'm happy to have their support.

I am BEYOND excited to go back to work tomorrow. I hope tomorrow is a nice easy day. Though I wouldn't be upset if it was a crazy day like I remember.

XX Gabrielle

ps. We passed a coffee shop/ religious material store called HOLY GROUNDS and I couldn't stop giggling. What a perfect name combining two totally unrelated things.

No comments:

Post a Comment