Tuesday, August 4, 2015

10 things that make me happy

Over on my Tumblr, i was tagged twice by two sweet girls, Lisa of Leebeeloves and Sarah of abitofsilliness,to list FIVE THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY. Since I was tagged TWICE I'll list Ten things. This post could not have come at a better time- I need to focus on the good things in my life with all this craziness happening in my life.

Here are my Ten things that make me happy

//My Family: They have been right by my side each and every step of the way. They are always there to offer support and love with everything I pursue and they are always the biggest cheerleaders when I venture to try something new.

//Painting: This has always been something I loved throughout my whole life. I currently surround myself with my own artwork in my room and also at work. In the last couple of years, painting has served the purpose of a stress reliever. I hope to post some of my paintings on here in the future.

//To Do Lists & My Planner: Crazy I know; These two items not only bring me a piece of mind but they bring me a sense of accomplishment to see what I have achieved.

// My Career: Even though, in a million years, I never would have thought I would end up where I am; I am thankful and grateful to have this opportunity. Some days may be nonstop and other days may be slow but overall I truly enjoy what  I do. ((Now I know the saying If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life......I believe that is sorta true))

//Curious George, Minions and Mickey Mouse: These three things sound like a small child would put these on their list but for me, I love being a child at heart and sometimes you just need to laugh and let go of "adult " stressors. These three are perfect for that.

//Sunrises and Sunsets: Seeing the beautiful colors that God paints each morning and night really make me appreciate life even more.

//Old Photographs: I love surrounding myself with old photographs of my grandparents. The photos themselves are beautiful and I am always curious of what was exactly happening at that very moment in time. Why did they have that expression on their face. They are just full of history.

//Crafts: I try my hardest to be Martha Stewart but no one can live up to her perfection. Pinterest has helped me become even more craftier than I was. It always makes me smile when I find something fun and then try it and it actually comes out just like Pinterest.

//Perfect Summer evenings: You know this, everyone has a story of a perfect summer evening. An evening where there is no humidity, there is a slight breeze, the sun is setting ever so slightly and you are enjoying it with your significant other, your family or with a glass of wine by yourself. This moment has been written about in many songs like Eric Church's Springsteen "Like a soundtrack to a July Saturday Night."

//Random Acts of Kindness:  I always love doing something nice for a random stranger. I always think, maybe that person is having a terrible day and this little act of kindness will put a smile on their face or let them know things will get better.

Well Ten things later, you're still reading this- good!!! I'm glad I didn't bore you!

Tomorrow is a scary/anxiety filled/ unknown day. I have an appointment to see a doctor about my stomach problems and I am very nervous. I am trying to think positive and how this is a step in the right direction but I know that at some point, I have to redo all those tests again and honestly it's not even the fact that I have to drink barium/magnesium/distilled water its the actual tests. The one test took an hour and it was terrible and uncomfortable and scary. That was the only test Penelope couldn't come with me. (( I should mention, Penelope is a stuffed flamingo beanie baby that has been through everything with me in the last year. She comes with me to all my doctors appointments, testings and hospital stays. She's a trooper. The doctors and nurses think its adorable. She'll make an appearance sooner or later.)) I have to stay positive and just pray.

xx. Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment