Monday, November 30, 2015

How I spent my Thanksgiving (mini) Vacation

Thanksgiving weekend was so much fun.  It was filled with family,  new friends, adventures and lots of food (I really mean cake).  Between eating cake on the way to the Thanksgiving dinner and our mini Bob's Burger marathon, we went on a few adventures.

Instead of heading out for the sales,  Eric and I headed to the Manasquan reservoir on Friday afternoon to enjoy the warm November weather.  It was the perfect day to take it the sunshine and be outside. The reservoir was filled with runners, people walking, bike riders and photographers.  The views were spectacular and it was the perfect day to be outside. 
We then headed out for a few errands then after a much needed nap, we got ready to go to Asbury Park for the Status Green show at the Stone Pony. I was eager to see Asbury Park- I've lived in New Jersey my whole life and I have never been there. We parked by the Stone Pony and we decided to explore the boardwalk area before the show. We saw the Wonder Bar, Convention Hall and the shops on the boardwalk. We found this arcade that had vintage pinball machines, Foosball tables, skee ball and other arcade games. We played (and intensely competed) with skee ball, Foosball, this funny basketball game and pin ball. We had so much fun. Its a definitely must see. Check it out HERE. The night was gorgeous; perfect for walking around and so unseasonably warm for November. The waves crashing over the ocean and the full moon was perfect.
After our mini adventure in the Arcade, it was just about time to head to the Stone Pony for the Status Green's Reunion Show. Status Green, a hometown legend from Howell happens to be one of Eric's favorite bands. It wasn't just any show, they had taken a break from playing, this was their first show in 3 years. 

Eric told me about them a few weeks ago and I started listening to their music on Spotify so I was familiar with them before the concert. The show lived up to the hype. Status Green brings such an amazing energy to the stage and their fans match it, song after song. The whole atmosphere and experience had a relaxed, chill vibe. You could tell that everybody was there to have a good time. Like friends you hadn't seen for while, the crowd and the band, picked up where the left off, 3 years earlier. (thanks to Eric for helping me write about Status Green!)  
Eric and I had a wonderful time BUT for us, it was a late night. We didn't get home until 1AM!  The nap earlier in the day was much appreciated at this hour because it let us stay up late and watch one of my favorite shows (bobs burgers) and snack on some cake.
 This has to be one of my favorite photos from the weekend

The whole weekend was so much fun. It made me excited for the whole holiday season. I cannot wait to see what adventures are ahead for us. 

Did you have a fun holiday weekend? Did you score any good deals on Black Friday? 





No comments:

Post a Comment