Thursday, November 26, 2015

Gobble Gobble

I cannot believe its already Thanksgiving. This year has brought me a lot to be thankful for. The ups, the downs and everything in between has made me who I am today and I am very grateful and thankful for that. I was looking at my “On this day” section on Facebook the other day and 4 years ago I posted this:



I fell like this rings especially true each year but even more so this year. I think in this season of my life, I am very grateful for everything in my life and thankful for everything that has happened. 

These are some of the things I am thankful for: 
 

I am so thankful for what I have gone through because it has shown me that I am stronger than I think, I am braver than I seem and I can accomplish more than I can even imagine.

I am thankful for my parents who are my rocks- my support, my friends, my teachers, the go to people for any problem big or small, complicated or easy, messy or organized. They are always there for me no matter what.

I am thankful for my health and being able to actually enjoy the holidays this year. Last year, I was in no condition to celebrate or even care that it was the holiday season. I am so excited to actually take part in all the festivities for the holiday season.

I am thankful for my career, my coworkers and all the hands on experience I have obtained over the years. My career has immersed me in a lot of different parts of the courts system and I truly enjoy each and every part of it. Some days are crazy, some days are slow- I will take what comes each day and smile.

I am thankful for my basic necessities because lets face it- not everyone is privileged enough to have food, running water, a roof over their heads. It’s terrible to think that in 2015, there is so much poverty all around and especially in your own town. Take time this Thanksgiving to donate your time, extra food or money to local families that are not as fortunate.

My parents and I always write down what we are grateful for each day after dinner (You can see the post about that HERE) We kept the gratitude going all year long and I think its really special to see the jar fill up throughout the month.
 
How do you show gratitude and thankfulness all year round?

No comments:

Post a Comment