Thursday, November 5, 2015

#gratefulheart

On Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr, I have been seeing friends post each day about what they are grateful for. November is a great month to reflect on what you are grateful and thankful for, with Thanksgiving is just around the corner and then Christmas is quickly approaching too.
 #blessed has been flying around the interwebs as well. Sometimes you're #blessed for something silly but when it really comes down to it, everyone can point out at least one thing they are grateful and thankful for. But most people forget that.

 
Starting each day with a grateful heart is such a powerful statement. Why would you choose to start your day with a bad outlook? Why not be grateful for what you have in life- it may be a lot but it also may not be too much. It doesn't matter how much you have, its the quality that matters. You have a purpose in life, you are here for a specific reason, why not do everything in your power to be your best, do your best and spread gratefulness?

Speaking of your life, I think this quote rings true as well and it fits well with being grateful:


Talking about your blessings more than you talk about your burdens is so powerful. Why would you want to spend you time talking about something that makes your unhappy- why waste your energy? I personally love talking about things that make me happy and things that are positive. I understand life can not be all rainbows and ponies but finding time in your life to say something positive will change your outlook. Doing something positive even something small, might change someone one else's day for the better. You never know.

Each day my parents and I make a point to write one thing we are grateful for. We keep them in a jar in the kitchen.  I love seeing the jar filling up through out the month. I enjoy our tradition that makes us thankful for the little things.

After the roller coaster ride of a year I had, there is so much for me to be grateful for. 
Some of the things I am grateful for are: 
feeling better, 
for not being in the hospital, 
for having an amazing support team,
being able to go to work
enjoying each and every sunrise and sunset
laughing at inside jokes

Even on my craziest day, I thank God for being able to experience those crazy moments. I love each day for what it is- for having a job, friends, and a life that I am proud of.  Everyday has something to be grateful for. Don't forget that!

My challenge to you, keep this grateful and thankful thoughts going all year- Why only be grateful when there is food, family and presents around?



No comments:

Post a Comment