Saturday, October 17, 2015

What do you want to be when you grow up?



As a little kid, you were always asked what you want to be when you grow up. Many of us always said whatever we were obsessed with at that moment- Fireman, Ballerina, Chef, Doctor, etc.
Many of us, grow up to become something different than we dreamed- something more realistic, more stable, more grown up.

Both of my parents got to live their dreams- My dad always dreamed of becoming a firefighter (and eventually a Battalion Chief) and my Mom always dreamed of becoming a teacher. They always inspired me to follow my own dreams.

 


I vaguely remember when I was a kid, I had a whole slew of careers I wanted to do- a teacher, a dancer, a fashion designer, an astronaut, an artist, an imagineer and the list went on.

I eventually grew up (I'm still working on this part) and I ended up in the legal field. Did I ever think, in my wildest dreams I would end up here- nope , but I am really glad I did. It has been a crazy fun ride and I cannot wait to see what happens next.

I sometimes think to myself, What would you want to be doing if you weren’t in the legal field?

Would I be working for the Walt Disney Company as an Imagineer? Would I be teaching 2nd grade like my mom? Would I be a graphic designer working for an Advertising company? Would I be like my dad and become a firefighter?  Would I be working in New York City as a Statistician?

It’s fun to think about where you could have ended up. I love each and every day that I can get up and be excited to go to work.


 
What do you want to be when you grow up?



No comments:

Post a Comment