Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Tigers, College Students and Princeton, Oh My!


Last Monday, Eric and I had the day off for Columbus day. We decided to take a trip out to Princeton. I have never been there and I was very eager to go. Eric and I just planned to go to lunch and then wander around the town and campus. The weather was absolutely perfect for us to walk around. 

 We ate lunch at Alchemist & Barrister. I highly recommend the Rise and Shine Burger.

 Eric is a huge fan of vinyl records so a stop to the Princeton Record Exchange was a must. I’ve never been to a record store in my life and I was not disappointed with what I experienced. What a neat experience and what an eclectic group of people.  It was so much fun. 

We then found the Princeton Public Library and we, as bookworms, were in awe. 3 stories of books and it resembled a Barnes and Noble. I was in love with this. I unfortunately did not take any photos, but its something to check out.

After lunch and exploring the town, we were eager to explore Princeton’s Campus. It was gorgeous. The day itself was a perfect fall day, so it was wonderful to walk around.

We stopped at the Princeton Chapel, and it took my breath away.


We figured we walked around for an hour and a half and in that time span, we did not pass the same building twice. The campus is HUGE.  The buildings were full of beautiful architecture and old world vibes. My inner architect was loving it . We mistakenly even wandered into a retirement party.  Our day was fantastic acting like Princeton students and we are already planning another trip back! Take a look for yourself!







The walking paths around campus 





 The leaves falling made it a perfect fall day





The old buildings have such rich history





Ivy covered buildings made me fall even more in love with the campus





The architecture was amazing on campus.


"May you pause at this benchmark of our passages and passions: sense our spark, renew your own good energies, as you, like us, depart."

Dawn McGuire '76







Homework on the quad? Yes please!





The dorms were amazing on campus




The main mode of transportation on campus





Lazy days on campus





Crazy architecture on campus 







We felt like college students for the day









 Penelope had to have some fun too!





Our adventure was one for the books!

What are your favorite places to have adventures?


1 comment:

  1. This post really makes me want to visit Princeton but the guy you're with looks like a total dweeb. Just sayin

    ReplyDelete