Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The EX files

My Wednesday morning has been quite one for the record books:

I got a virus on my computer about a week ago but my computer overall was running fine until I realized I couldn't get my work email. I reluctantly called IT to see if they can help me. The IT guy I spoke to on the phone said he couldnt find my computer on the network- UH OH! He couldnt come down today but he would be down in the morning. I cringed not because i did somthing wrong (well I did ) but one of my ex boyfriends just so happens to be the IT guy for my office.

I know what you are thinking right now- YOU just broke the cardinal rule, DO NOT date anyone in the office. Right, it sounded liked the best idea at the time but when we broke up, I knew I was forever screwed.

Well, to my shock, HE appeared at my cubicle this morning and I told him I broke it. I awkwardly got up and scooted around he took my seat and got to work. I said to myself I wasn't going to have this be awkward and I started small talk.

"I really broke it didn't I?!"
"Yup"
"Oh Sugar"

I asked him how his house was going ( he bought one just before we broke up) and how his parents were blah blah blah........

After a while, I realized some things, never changed. I say this because he acted in the same manner as he was right before we broke up. Now I have never run into an ex or even a guy I went on a couple of dates with and I didnt know what to expect.

This affirmed that we broke up for the right reasons.

Sometimes God, works in funny ways.

XX the everyday jersey girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment