Monday, October 7, 2013

Saying yes..... To myself

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sjlewinter/21-phases-of-a-first-date-fail-emh7

I am the lucky girl who the Maid of Honor for my best friends wedding. I am so happy she is getting married but I have to admit, being a single girl planning her best friends wedding, feels almost like I'm trapped in a romantic comedy. I should be falling for the best man the moment I see him right? (Spoiler alert: he's already married ) I love my best friend and her fiancĂ©e so much but I feel like I'm the third wheel permanently. You know, always the maid of honor never the bride. Now I'm not complaining, what so ever but it's awkward. 

I have had boyfriends in the past- though they have only lasted   Maybe 3 months maximum ( I am still trying to figure out why...) and I have tried online dating (on multiple occasions), dating co-workers(not advisable especially if he is the IT guy :/), meeting through friends (rarely works) and yet I haven't found any man to stick around long enough. I am starting to think there is something wrong with me. I know! I actually have my shit together and apparently that scares the crap outta men. Why do the girls always have to be the damsel in distress- we can take care of ourselves (sometimes)! We like the idea of the Prince coming to rescue the girl and they live happily ever after- when does that ever really happen besides with Prince William and Kate Middleton?? ( So jealous of these two and so envious of Kate Middleton's closet and life!!!!) (who doesn't right?) 

After this last breakup, I swore I wasn't going to go back on the dating websites because 1. It's god awful; 2. I constantly find boys I have already met in real life and 3. It's getting really REALLY old. But atlas, I did go back and yes, the pickings are slim. I am not even entertaining the idea of actually going out with any of these eligibable batcholers. Its that bad.

My whole point is normally when a boyfriend break up with me, I usually end up taking up a new hobby or refinding a lost one. When the IT guy broke up with me in February, I signed up for golf lessons. When the body builder broke up with me in May, I found the teacher quickly and started dating him (I guess you can call a hobby of mine, dating) and When  the teacher broke up with me in September, I started painting and crafting again (hard core). I guess I like these distractions to keep me from dwelling on my current heartbreak.

For the first time in almost 20 months, I have real no desire to date anyone, to go out on dates and talk about the same thing with 20 guys and pretend I am interested.I have been on this 'dating spree' for the last 2 years and I am EXHAUSTED. Dating is quite exhuasting and it doesn't help that a crapload of my friends are getting engaged and I'm still the single girl-that title is a love/hate relationship with me. I am excited to work on me and see where my hobbies and interests take me.

So I am finally saying YES to myself and to take time and do things I want to do and not pretend to like anything I don't want to do.

XX, the everyday jersey girl

No comments:

Post a Comment