Sunday, September 27, 2015

Planning out my life

Erin Condren Review

Over the summer, while sitting in the hospital to pass the time, I debated whether I needed to get a planner. For the first half of the year, I did not use a planner, just a little calendar and a notebook. It was working fine, but I missed having a planner. I like keeping everything together. I read reviews on Pinterest, blogs and anything else that reviewed different planners. I narrowed my choices down to Lilly Pulitizer, Day Designer, Erin Condren, Kate Spade, and Simplified Planner.

I made of list of what I definitely needed and what I could pass on in a planner. .
My ‘must have lists’ included:
(+) monthly Calendar
(+) weekly view (horizontal)
(+) space to write notes in both calendar views
(+) aesthetically pretty

What I could pass on included:
(-) Meal Planner (I don’t cook, duh!)
(-) Vertical layout (I get confused too easily)
(-) No writing space

I loved all the choices but when it came down to actually choosing, I chose ERIN CONDREN. She had the most options, the prettiest colors and even though it was expensive, I was able to get the rest of this year (July to December and Plus ALL of next year).

I was so excited when I finally received the pretty box with my new personalized planner in it.

The box itself was so pretty, i couldn't wait to see what my planner really looked like.



The cover turned out great, I decided to choose my own colors and I was a bit nervous to see if the colors were going to match! (They don’t give you a proof of your personalization) I ended up loving my choices and the saying on the front is something that I love!








I love the goal planner section in the front, I haven’t used  yet but I think I will start placing my monthly goals in each box (one for each month). There are inspirational quotes scattered within the planner; I enjoy these so so much!
I added my important dates into each calendar and also using the perpetual calendar, I found in the back of the planner too! The back of the planner had stickers, a pocket to hold loose paper and a clear zip case to hold little things. All these extras make the planner even more special and I had no idea that they were there- What a nice surprise!

I got my calendar at the very end of August, so I felt a little bad to waste those two months; I decided to use those to extra pages to create. I was very nervous to watercolor on those pages but they turned out to be some of my favorites.
 


I use the monthly overview to plan my month out and in the notes section, I put my monthly goals. Every time I look my monthly view, I can always look at my goals.


My weekly view is used to record my outfits, what, if any, moments that stood out and how I have been feeling each day.



Overall, I really like this planner. I want to start to use it more now I am more comfortable with it. (you know there is an adjustment period with new planners)

Check out Erin Condren for all her fun products.
 
((I did not receive any commission or the planner from the company, I really love this planner and I wanted to share with everyone how excited I was about it. All my thoughts and photos in the post are my own.))











No comments:

Post a Comment