Saturday, September 26, 2015

I like big (books) and I cannot lie...



BLOGTEMBER  Whats on my List to Read and books I’ve read this month

I wanted to get back into reading again this month- with my hiatus over the summer. I wanted to jump back into my list (yes, I have a list of books that I want to read) and yet  nothing looked even remotely interesting. I decided to wander through the new section in my library. 
 

For the Right Reasons by Sean Lowe caught my eye. I knew he was the bachelor but I never watched the show. The book was cute. It talked about Sean’s life before the bachelorette; his life when he was on the bachelorette (lots of behind the scenes information ); then how he met is wife, Catherine. I enjoyed this book because it was an easy read, it kept my attention and the adorable vintage photographs in the center of the book were great. Being neither a football fan nor a bachelor(ette) fan, this book was great.

I had some more troubles finding my next book. I decided to look into my bookshelf (aka the back of the closet) and found some old favorites:

Say hello to my old favorites

 

I decided to start with Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty. I read this book years ago when it first came out in 2001 (YIKES!!)) and fell in love with it because the author is actually a New Jersey Local (living in the next town over!!) I got to meet Ms. McCafferty a bunch of times over the years and followed this series until the last book (Perfect Fifths). The book takes place in fictious Pineville and all of the destinations she mentions in the book are actual places in New Jersey. I really enjoyed this book when I was 14 and now re-reading this series at 27 is different but still the same. 
 

I also finished Second Helpings- Megan McCafferty as well.  This was the second book in the Megan Mccafferty series. This book picks up with the main character Jessica Darling starting her senior year in high school. All your favorite characters are back for more adventures.


Because I'm so excited to see what happens next,  I jumped right into Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty. I finished it last night and it was just as good as I remember. Marcus Flutie and Jessica Darling's relationship is complicated as ever and it. Can't wait to dive into Fourth Comings!

Those are the FOUR books I read this month. I am a very happy that i read so many books this month!I am so glad to be back on this reading train.


I have high hopes for my October books. They include:
 

Eleanor & Park- Rainbow Rowell
Before I fall- Lauren Oliver
Where She Went- Gayle Forman
Luckiest Girl Alive- Jessica Knoll
 Yes Please- Amy Poehler
The Royal We- Heather Cocks
 The Lovers Dictionary- David Levithan
The Santangeols- Jackie Collins
The Rosie Project- Graeme Simsion
Still Alice- Lisa Genova
The Interestings- Meg Wolitzer
Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty 
Fourth Comings by Megan McCafferty


I know there is no way possible to read all these book in a month, but I like options. Also the library might not have that one available.

Thanks for reading along!



 

3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to get to The Royal We! It sounds like a great read

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Jessica Darling series! I checked out the first book at the library and loved it, when I found out there were four more books I was overjoyed! I Read them during university and I remember relating to her complicated relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pulling out old favorites every few years and rereading There is something so comforting about settling into a comfortable character you already know you love and reliving their adventures!

    ReplyDelete