Monday, September 9, 2013

Stuck in a rut?

Photo of the Day
Outfit of the Day


Oh Monday......This is my first full week (aka working 5 days in a row) since the end of JUNE!! This might be a little tough for me! 


Five Things That Happened Today:
  1. On my drive home, I saw trees starting to turn from green to a pretty burnt orange.
  2.  I got my butt to the gym after work which wasn't as terrible as I thought and The October Issue of Architectural Digest was waiting for me(as usual). I am quite excited that I get to relax for the rest of my night.
  3.  B and I went on a walk on lunch today and we observed a lot of things which included: Jurors on lunch break, a beautiful retention wall that was made out of these pretty blocks in front of a house (but unfortunately it didn't match the house itself)
  4. It flew by due to the sheer volume of people that came into our office today. I swear I looked at the clock at 8:35 and then I blinked and it was 11:50. I love these kind of days 
  5.  It actually felt like fall today- the air was nice and crisp this morning and then on my afternoon walk with B, it was nice and cool, no humidity which made me happy. 

What I am Reading Currently:
  On my night stand is a smorgasboard of books that i got from the library last week:
  •  Pinterest Power
  • Going Social
  • Huffington Post Blogging
  • Finerman's Rules
  • HTML
  • Socialomics 
Each night I try to read a chapter here and a chapter there in what ever books look good to me that evening.

What I am Watching:
   Cops on Spike TV. I don't watch a lot of tv, yet whenever there is a Cops marathon on, I have to put it on, even for background noise. I think I've seen most of these episodes, since they re run them at ad nauseum. My favorites are the Jersey Cops, just because.
 

Notable Quote for Today:
Work hard in Silence, Let your success be your noise.-Frank Ocean 

XX, the everyday jersey girl 

Ps. The reason for the title is that my parents and I tend to hold on to things for probably way too long (ie. We have never moved, our cars are 5+ years older but in amazing condition, clothes, etc) and my dad has been toying around with getting a new truck and for a long time, I've been feeling over my car. It was cute at the time but now at 25, I'm over it. I would like something a little more grown up. My parents and I, over dinner talked about this rut  we get stuck in and we are going to work to try to figure out if we can REFRESH our lives and maybe switch things up and get a new car. Food for thought I guess.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment