Thursday, April 7, 2016

Boys Make Passes at Girls in Glasses

I have recently gone back to wearing glasses. I was having some problems with my eyes and I figured this was a great time to give my eyes a break from my contacts. I picked out some new frames- the glasses I was wearing mostly at night, I've had those for over 4 years! I was really excited to pick out my new glasses and it got me thinking- I've been wearing glasses since I was 4 years old ( 24 years!!!) and I remember how excited I used to get when I got to pick out new glasses.
Source
I found some old photos of me in glasses over the years. My taste in glasses has certainly changed over the years and I  laugh at some of my choices I made.



 ((( Are you loving my fanny pack and humongous bow in my hair? and yes my hair was blondish brown back in college))

 As you can see, I went from many different styles and sometimes colors. I never really loved glasses growing up but I knew I had to have them to see. As I have gotten older, I have truly appreciated glasses for less of something I had to wear and more for a fashion accessory.

I spent almost a year trying to find the perfect pair of glasses . Here are two of the runners up.
I liked both of these, but I wasn't in LOVE with them. I loved the color in the top pair but I wasn't sold yet.The bottom pair, I liked the shape but I thought were too dark and a little too big for me.

I finally found the perfect pair that fit me perfectly in the perfect color. I wanted to get away from the solid black frames and go more towards tortoise shell blend. I am so happy to finally find something I feel that is grown up and fashionable.

 These are Kate Spade and I just loved the surprise details in these glasses. From the teal on the inside on the arms; the fun colored case and the quote "boys make passes at girls in glasses" hidden on the inside of the arm, makes this such a fun pair!

An even more exciting I found a pair of sunglasses that I liked (actually LOVED) and wanted to wear. Since my prescription is so high and I tend to like BIGGER sunglasses, it was a challenge to find something that would not show the frames out of the sides- BUT i found the perfect pair for me.

These are Tiffany's sunglasses- the arms are the signature Tiffany blue and  on the side there is a key. Such small details but they make all the difference.  Even the box was a signature Tiffany's box which made them even more special!

I felt instantly comfortable in these and I saw myself wearing these ALOT! Feeling comfortable when you wear something makes all the difference. It doesn't matter if its clothing, shoes, accessories- if you are not comfortable in it, don't wear it . These glasses don't remind me of when I was a kid, I am actually excited to wear these glasses.

So my journey to find new glasses (and sunglasses) was successful and I hope I won't have to go looking for new glasses for a while!

Do you wear glasses?


2 comments:

  1. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post.
    donate eyeglasses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Online Glasses in China, here are a few tips:


    Always arrange an eye examination before you find Best Place To Buy Glasses Online. It is crucial to confirm that you have the correct information or you can come up purchasing incorrect lenses that can prove more damaging than useful.

    Search online and visit a Best Blue Light Blocking Glasses store you feel relaxed with. Most haven’t just an extensive list of prescription glass frames and sunglasses, but they even offer client support to confirm your purchase is seamless and smooth.

    Poor quality glasses can harm your eyes, so confirm you buy the Best Glasses For Oval Faces you can afford.

    ReplyDelete