Thursday, September 1, 2016

Blogtember Day 1:This is me

Hi friends, I'm back,

In honor of Bailey's Blogtember challenge, I thought this would be a great way to get back into writing again, an introduction of me and what Everyday Jersey Girl is all about!

Well let's start with the basics:

Name: Gabrielle
Nickname(s): Gabby, Ellie, Debbie, Munckin, Doll
Residence: Jersey Shore
Age: 28
Occupation: Paralegal
Favorite Color: Blue green

Everyday Jersey Girl has been sorta like a scrapbook for the past three years (if you include Just Simply Elle, my first blog, for the past FIVE years!) I might not have been as consistent as I wished I was but I really enjoy this little slice of Internet.

To describe who the Everyday Jersey Girl, I think it's best described in my very first post on here,
The everyday jersey girl is twenty five  twenty eight year old who grew up on the World Famous Jersey Shore. She is nothing like the stigma of the Jersey Shore that is portrayed on TV. Her hobbies are but never limited to knitting, crafting,  mini golf, and picking out pretty color swatches at the local hardware store. 
The everyday jersey girl loves bright colors, giggling, her parents, her teddy bear, moose , flamingo, silly jokes,  handwritten thank you notes,  snail mail, surprises and nice wrist watches.
The everyday jersey girl makes lists for absolutely everything, considers all the possibilities before attempting anything new, makes weekend plans with her boyfriend on Sunday evening and plans next weeks outfits on Wednesday. 
The everyday jersey girl is not your typical girl- she skips to work, she wears bright colors when the rest of the world is wearing dark colors. 
The everyday jersey girl blurts out random thoughts, giggles at (sometimes) awkward times and loves life.  
I am the everyday normal girl who can anyone can relate to, she is bright, curious and hopeful.I am the everyday jersey girl and I'm Gabrielle.
This blog is for the everyday jersey girl to keep everything that she loves in one place- daily fashion, daily photos, daily ramblings, color palettes, attempts on crafts found on pinterest and of course, my life's journey, where ever that might take me.
Its the early days of September and I wanted to do something fun, hence the new blog. I post my photos to Instagram and my tumblr but I never really had anywhere I could talk about my daily ramblings, my affordable fashion advice while working full time and the adventures (sometimes misadventures) of my crafting journey. This shall be an adventure and I am curious as always to see where it takes me."

I guess, a few things have changed over time but the core of it, stands true. I am just a girl who loves life, color and silly jokes. Life has been really crazy over the past few years and I have grown up a lot but I am still  the everyday jersey girl. 

I am hoping to be more consistent, to write however I feel and to enjoy this process. I cannot wait to share more of my crazy adventure.

So, hey, hello, hiya and welcome to Everyday Jersey Girl, say hi and stick around. I promise there will be lots of funny things,  LOTS of Flamingos and lots of realness..

Join Bailey with with Brave Love Blog , and join the Blogtember challenge.


Ps. I also thought it was neat to look back to see what I have posted in the past on September 1st.
These two posts have been from 2015 and 2014. I think I look at September first as a new year- in a way- like a fresh start. 

10 comments:

  1. I love handwritten thank you notes and snail mail as well! Hoping to write more of them because I stopped for awhile when I got busy. It was nice to meet you, Everyday Jersey Girl :)
    Visiting from the challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle Alice!! Thanks for the sweet comment!! I love reading your blog when I have the time! I look forward to reading more from you!!

      Delete
  2. Snail mail is my favorite!! So excited to read more from your during Blog-tember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for snail mail!! Thanks for the sweet comment, Jennifer

      Delete
  3. hey fellow east coaster, I'm from Long Island (I guess you can say the shore of NY?!?!?) Ok anyway, it was great reading your intro day for blogtember I can't wait to read more from you....check out my posts as well....Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hi hi!! Thanks for the sweet words!! I will definitely check out your blog!! Keep in touch!

      Delete
  4. I am curious why moose no longer make the list. I love when people wear bright colors. Sometimes I wish the stores had more colors to choose from. I'm popping by on the blogtember challenge. Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda! Great to meet you as well!! As for the moose, he is still in my life, he keeps me company at work. The flamingo (Penelope) has been through all my medical issues with me. She's my home buddy!! Can't wait to learn more about you!!

      Delete
  5. This is the perfect way to get back into writing! So excited that you're joining us in the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah, thank you for the sweet sweet words. I'm excited to write more. Can't wait to read more from you too!

      Delete