Thursday, January 1, 2015

the first day of the new year...

Beginnings are scary: the start of a new relationship; the first day of school; the first day of a new job; the first day in a new city... Beginnings are a way to start fresh, start new, forget what happened in the past and be something else. The first day of a new year is a great beginning- you can ((finally)) close the door on the previous year; you have the good memories, the lessons learned all tucked away in your memory. January 1st is the beginning of something new. If you want to change something, you can; if you want to start doing something new, you can. The possibilities are limitless.

How I spent the very first day of 2015, you ask?

In my pajamas, sitting on the couch, playing mindless games on my phone, reading and just relaxing; something I don't always get to do. My parents took it easy today- my mom watched some of the honeymooners marathon and daddy watched NCIS. We ate dinner as we always do as a family and we quietly welcomed the new year with open arms.

In case you were wondering, I kept on dreaming right into the new year last night.... I fell asleep watching Cutthroat Kitchen. HA. I am getting old.

As I settle down for more relaxing, I leave you with this photo from last New Year's Eve with my parents.

xx, gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment